Thursday, February 7, 2008

Cooking

I made a pretty good potatoe soup the other night, which is saying ALOT for me considering my cooking skills. I can make a few decent things as long as they aren't too complicated, and they do taste pretty good. The only thing that i have yet to master (or even come close to for that matter) is meatloaf, yes, i said MEATLOAF. I loved the meatloaf my mom used to make and i have the recipie, i just simply CANNOT duplicate the results! i've tried 3+ times, and for some reason, the meatloaf never cooks all the way, it's always goo-ey. I have no idea why, it baffles me. so i have stopped trying to make it.
When i do try a recipie and it turns out good, it gets added to the menu list and i will make it occasionaly. Of course if it's even remotely good the kids will turn their noses up to it and demand either peanut butter sandwhiches or corndogs.
Speaking of kids, my husband is probably the worlds pickiest eaters! no kidding! i don't think i have made anything yet that he will eat (but then again, i haven't found that 'hotdog casserole recipe yet) ha! I KID, I KID!!
I really do enjoy cooking, only it's really hard when i have both the kids interupting me and i end up getting distracted because i'm screaming at chase who is screaming at ethan who was screaming at chase who was.. oh crap, what's that smell?! oh well..i guess it's hotdogs and mac n cheese for dinner again..lol

No comments: